Overtime and pay disputes
The Fair Labor Standards Act and Texas Payday Act require employees to be paid at least the minimum wage for all hours worked, and overtime (1.5 times the hourly rate) for hours worked over 40 hours in a seven-day period.
We handle lawsuits in which employees claim:
- They were not paid for all hours that they worked (“off-the-clock” work)
- They had meal or rest periods deducted from pay when they did not actually take a break
- They were paid straight time instead of overtime for over 40 hours worked
- They were paid a day rate or weekly rate/salary for all hours worked without overtime
- They were paid as a contractor and received no overtime